2014 Broc White Zinfandel – 24.97 – Harvested well below 21 Brix, but with wonderful flavor. Not for the “White Zin” purists out there, this wine is fermented dry, producing a Rose wine with pepper, watermelon, and tangy raspberry/strawberry. Fermented cool with no malolactic. Best served with only a slight chill.
Blend: 100% Zinfandel. Not your mother’s sticky-sweet White Zinfandel! Tangerine, peach, and a hint of white pepper flavors, plus enough ripeness to convert sweet wine drinkers to dry rose.
Chris Brockway managed to transform the oft scoffed at White Zinfandel into a super elegant, dry rosé. The fruit for this cuvée comes from two vineyards in the Russian River and Sonoma Valleys.
Yes, you read that correctly – White Zinfandel. Chris Brockway is taking back White Zin and it’s completely unlike anything else you’ve ever had. Dry, clean, crisp acidity combine with ripe watermelon fruit in this outstanding rosé.
2014 A to Z Rosé of Pinot Noir – 13.57 – The 2014 A to Z Oregon Rosé leads with aromas of strawberries, tangerine, watermelon and grenadine with hints of thyme and hibiscus then opens to reveal plum, apricot and more strawberry notes. Clean, balanced and approachable with generous fruit, the crisp and juicy A to Z Rosé integrates excellent texture with firm acidity finishing long and pretty.
2014 Teutonic Wine Company Rosé of Pinot Noir – 23.57 – Cool wine. Fresh, zippy a nice lees component giving texture, some savory, wild Pinot notes…just a tiny dash of RS to balance the whole thing out. Very quaffable and super affordable.
Highly touted for its Pinot Noirs, Oregon is part of the up-and-coming winemaking industry in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. Most of Oregon is directly affected by the climate coming off of the Pacific Ocean, giving it mild winters and wet summers. This makes it a difficult place to ripen grapes, but some say that the harder grapes have to struggle, the more complex they will turn out to be. Chardonnay and Pinot Gris are two important and successful grapes grown in Oregon.
2014 Domaine Houchart Provencal Rosé – 15.57 – A blend of Grenache, Cinsault, Syrah, and Cabernet Sauvignon. Soft pink robe. The nose is fresh, with strawberry and red berry notes, followed by delicate aromas of yellow peach and grapefruit. Fresh and delicious, with a fine attack, it is well balanced and long in the mouth. Easy to drink, it pairs well with tartes flambées, salads, and Asian dishes. Also a fine accompaniment to goat cheese with Provencal herbs and bacon. The direct press method is used with 90% of the grapes, while the remaining 10% undergo cold maceration. Varieties are pre-blended before fermentation for greater complexity. Temperature is maintained at 64°F to preserve the wine’s fruitiness and freshness. Tanks are monitored three times a day to test the evolution of the flavors. The estate contains clay and limestone soils with rough textures formed from the decomposition of the mother rock from the surrounding Sainte-Victoire mountain.
2014 Mulderbosch Rosé of Cabernet Sauvignon – 13.57 – Vinified from Cabernet Sauvignon, this rose is vibrant and ripe with layered aromas of strawberry, red cherry, and raspberry with a hint of rose petal. The palate is similarly fruit-forward with flavors of strawberry, pomegranate, and passion fruit. Enjoy with Thai food, crab cakes, fruit-glazed pork chops, and fresh fruit.
The 2014 Rose of Cabernet Sauvignon Stellenbosch comes from vines specifically used for rosé production and undergoes a cool fermentation and early bottling. It has a simple but clean red cherry and wet stone bouquet. The palate is crisp on the entry with red cherry and strawberry notes segueing into a brisk and vibrant finish. Fine.
2014 Domaine Pere Caboche Petit Caboche Rosé – 15.97 – We can observe a splendid pale rose color, between coral and raspberry, supported with purple highlights. The nose presents pleasant candy aromas and hints of grenadine. It’s very powerful and fresh. The mouth is creamy and sweet, with a nice tangy support, tinted with redcurrant and fresh raspberry. A very nice and pleasurable rosé, which can be enjoyed either as an aperitif, or alongside a summer meal. 70% Grenache, 30% Carignan
This delicious rose is blended from typical Cotes du Rhone varietals (Cinsault, Grenache and Syrah). Medium-bodied with fresh crisp strawberry and raspberry flavors. Refreshing acidity with a hint of lemon and a touch of spice in the finish. This fine estate, which dates from the mid 17th century, owns and farms some superb properties producing Cotes du Rhone as well as their heavenly Chateauneuf.